Eidul Azha, a day of sacrifice, is an occasion of tasteful celebrations. ‘Bakra’ Eid is never complete without traditional spicy foods and Nihari is one of them. Every family has its own unique Nihari recipe but there are many who keep trying different methods until they get it right. Here is a Nihari recipe that you will love to make again and again.
Nihari Special Ingredients
- Beef/Mutton (Bong) 1 kg
- Onion 250 gm
- Salt To taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Powder 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Yogurt 250 gm
- Cumin Crushed 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder ¼ teaspoon
- Bay Leaf (Taiz Paat) 1 leaf
- Star Anise (Badiyan ka Phool) 1 part
- Green Cardamom 4
- Nutmeg & Mace (Jaifal Javitiri) Powder 2 pinches
- Fennel Seed (Sonf) Powder 1 tablespoon
- Dried Ginger Powder 2 pinches
- Corn Flour For gravy thickness
- Oil 1 cup
Method: Nihari made easy
Boil meat with salt till half tender. Separate soup from meat and bones. In a separate pot fry onion in oil till light brown. You can take some of the fried onion out for garnish. Add meat with ginger garlic paste and saute. Now add all spices and yogurt and cover the pot. Stir slowly with spoon when water is dried and saute. Add soup. Cook till meat is tender. Dissolve corn flour in water and add slowly. Take out all the oil before adding corn flour otherwise all the oil will disappear. The delicious Nihari is now ready to be served. Garnish with green coriander, ginger and green chilies and serve Nihari fresh and hot.
Try this prefect Nihari recipe and treat yourself and your guest. Mutton or beef this recipe will work equally well.